Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Smackdown

Sometimes the universe gives you an attitude adjustment and it's a good thing, like the time I was in a nasty mood for no good reason, and then saw a three-legged dog running and playing and enjoying life. It's kinda hard to keep up a funk after you see that.
 
Other times, the universe gives you a smackdown that says, "Whoa, there, you've gotten a little big for your britches!" That's what I got today.
 
I had a meeting for a committee on which I participate, and M. was there. She mentioned that H. is hesitant to talk to me about the job because she doesn't want it to appear that she's trying to steal employees from my current company (there's a reason for this, but it's too convoluted to explain here). M. told H. that I'm actively looking for an Assistant Property Manager position, because I've been told that I'm not likely to see a promotion from my current company anytime soon. So the ball is in H.'s court.
 
I have no idea what she'll decide, but this definitely ended the barely-contained-excitement I've been living with since Friday. I knew it was a mistake to let myself get so excited about a job for which I didn't even have an interview yet, but I couldn't help myself. The potential good that could come from that job was just too huge!
 
Sigh. I believe that what is meant to be, will be, so I need to just sit back and relax and let the universe do its thing. I need to trust that the right opportunity for me will come along, if I make myself available for it. If this job doesn't work out, I'll just continue putting out feelers and the right job will be there, eventually.
 
It sucks, though. I feel almost like I'm physically stinging from the disappointment. I know it will pass with time, and that I'll probably feel a lot better tomorrow, but right this minute it sucks. It helps to remember the three-legged dog, though.

1 comment:

RoseAnn said...

Hang in there. If nothing else, I think this opportunity demonstrated how ready you are for another job. A new employer needs to know what motivates you in order to understand you and be most able to give you what you want/need.