Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Day 7 - Quitting

It's been a month since I had a cigarette.

Wow...that feels *so* good!!! The first few days were really hard, and I wondered if I was going to get to the one-month mark without slipping up. I am so thankful that I had the strength and willpower to get through those cravings and make it to this point.

So how do I feel? I rarely cough in the mornings anymore, I'm breathing better, and I've stopped wheezing. My sense of smell seems to be improving, too. Overall, I don't notice a huge difference in how I feel physically. Mostly it's a mental change; I've gotten to the point where I don't think about cigarettes as much as I did in the beginning, which is very nice.

I'm still not ready to call myself a former smoker, but I'm very, very thankful to be one month into being one.

1 comment:

RoseAnn said...

Yay, yay, yay! I can't emphasize enough how proud I am of you for quitting smoking!

I would imagine the more time that passes, the less you will think about it.

Since your sense of smell is better, maybe a good reward would be a scented candle for the house! Just be sure to put it out of reach of kitties. ;)