Friday, November 2, 2012

Day 2 - Life

Life isn't easy. We all know that, but the more enlightened among us realize that some have harder roads than others. My life hasn't been charmed, but I haven't faced the challenges that some people have. In some areas, I've been lucky. I was dealt a good hand and worked hard to make up the difference. Other times, I had to struggle just to make it from one day - or minute - to the next. Either way, I've tried to make it a point to learn from what I've experienced.
So here I am: at least a little more than the sum of my parts, I hope. Who I am - the compassionate, loyal, honest, sarcastic, optimistic, loving person I believe myself to be - is a direct result of everything I've been through. I'm pretty happy; how could I regret the experiences that brought me to this point?
Of course, there are things I want to work on. I want to get some money saved. I want to lose weight. I want to continue being a non-smoker (26 days today!). But look at all that is good in my life right now: I wake up each morning and feel well. I have an amazing husband who adores me. I have a job that supports J and me. There is a roof over my head and food on my plate. I have a network of friends who shore me up when I need it, and who celebrate with me when the occasion arises. I am blessed!
When things are hard, I will remember that every situation is temporary, and I will trust that things will get better. And every day, I will remind myself to be so thankful for my crazy, wonderful life.

2 comments:

RoseAnn said...

D'oh! Somehow I got a day behind on your non-smoking journey so congrats on Day 26!!

I think it's great to be able to see that the positive and the negative you've dealt with have both brought you to the point and person you are today!

And it's also good to have goals for improvement. Without that, you run the risk of slipping backwards!

Anonymous said...

The second paragraph is written so precise and amazing. It either flowed freely out of your fingers or took months to get that right. Beautiful...