Friday, October 19, 2012

Call Me a Quitter

It's been 12 days since I had a cigarette.

I'm not ready to call myself a non-smoker yet, and in fact I think it'll be a very long time before I'm ready to say that. I'm superstitious, you know, and I quit for a year once before (when I was 25). Maybe when I get to 18 months I'll feel ok saying I'm a former smoker. We'll see.

But I'm starting to feel like I've really quit smoking. Don't get me wrong - I'm still having cravings, and it's still hard as hell to get through them sometimes, especially when I'm stressed. It feels good, though, to have gotten through every craving for 12 days without a single slip-up. And every day that passes is easier than the one before it, because I sure don't want to have to start the clock all over again.

So...yeah...I guess you can call me a quitter.

No comments: