Monday, March 12, 2012

Monkey's Horoscope

Inspired by this post on the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee blog, I looked at Monkey's horoscope today. It says: "Go exploring today -- preferably with a friend. You can make the time if you try."

First of all, Monkey has plenty of time. No matter how I encourage, nag, or yell, none of these cats will find gainful employment. So I keep them in food and toys, while I try to figure out my reward. But I've gotten off topic...

Monkey and Bo spend the majority of their day here:



They're sitting on a shelf in our bathroom window. We're on the second floor, and this window looks down on a (mostly) quiet courtyard with a large tree. Sitting here, they can watch the birds and squirrels. Occasionally, squirrels get on our balcony or on the outer windowsill, which really drives Monkey crazy. His body starts to twitch, and he makes tense little noises in his throat. It's very, very cute.

He will occasionally run from his perch in the window to the back door, which opens onto a balcony with stairs going down into the courtyard. Today, he began running to the door and trying to turn the doorknob with his paws.

I'm pretty sure that damn cat can read.

No comments: