Sunday, January 1, 2012

December 2011 Book List

Everyone knows I’m a voracious reader, and I’m often asked for recommendations. I decided that on or around the first of each month, I’ll post a list of the books I read the month before. I give each book a numeric rating, from 1 to 5, with 5 being excellent.

Explosive Eighteen by Janet Evanovich - Rating: 4.5

The Gift of the Magi by O. Henry - Rating: 5

The Lady of the Rivers by Philippa Gregory – Rating: 5

Micro by Michael Crichton & Richard Preston – Rating: 4

Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris - Rating: 4

3 comments:

RoseAnn said...

I love the Gifts of the Magi! We saw it onstage last year and it's always an inspiring story!

You have inspired me to try and keep track of what I read this year!

Carol said...

I bought an illustrated version of Magi for J. for Christmas - he loved it! It's such a wonderful story about the important things in life.

I'm glad to know I've inspired you. I keep my list on an Excel spreadsheet. It's easy to keep up with, and I love being able to refer back to it.

Anonymous said...

Of course you rated Gift of the Magi a 5 even thought you should have given it a 10 because O. Henry is the best, only surpassed but Tolstoy. Read The 4 Million, its the book that Gift of the Magi comes from, its amazing.
Garrett