Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Vacation Question

Thanks to RoseAnn for the following challenge questions:

Do you have a vacation coming up? This includes long weekends, trips to visit family, anything that has you staying a night anywhere but your own bed.

~ There is no vacation in sight. We planned to travel this Christmas, but we’d already decided it probably wasn’t going to work out. And my new boss is going on a cruise with her entire family over Christmas, so I definitely won’t be able to take time off. The only time I may stay a night out of my own bed is this Thursday, if we take the cats to the new place that night. I don’t want to leave them alone, so we may sleep on the floor there (the movers are coming Friday morning).

If money/work/pet care weren't obstacles, where would you go on your next vacation?

~ If money, etc. were no object, I’d find a tropical resort where I wake up in the morning and have breakfast in bed. Then I ring a little bell and two large men would carry me to the beach, where I’d sit all day with a fruity drink in one hand and a book in the other. When I was done with relaxing on the beach, I’d ring the bell again and be carried back to my room to enjoy an amazing dinner with J. I would be completely, utterly, totally lazy for four days or so. I think I’d be ready to get back to real life after that. Surely such a place exists…right?

4 comments:

RoseAnn said...

Four days is all you'd need? That place sounds like heaven and I'd want to stay at least a month.

I'm sure something close exists and, for a price, the two "transporters" could probably be arranged! ;)

Carol said...

LOL, RoseAnn - it does sound amazing, doesn't it? The problem is that when I have too much time to relax and be lazy, I get all out of sorts in my head. So yeah...I think 4-5 days would be perfect.

People think I'm crazy when I say I would still work if I won the lottery, but I really need structure and the responsibility of being accountable to someone else.

RoseAnn said...

Well, yeah, I'd still work if I won the lottery but I'd definitely switch to my "hobby job". That's what our financial planner used to call the job people get after they retire: part-time, doing something you really enjoy.

Ooh, that could be another converation-starter question: what would be your hobby job? ;) FYI, mine is census-taker - filling out forms and talking to people all day? Sign me up!

Carol said...

It doesn't surprise me at all that you'd enjoy being a census taker! I think I might like it, too - at least for a day. It's the ultimate in people-watching, isn't it?