Saturday, September 10, 2011

Taking a few minutes...

I haven’t had time to even think about blogging in ages. My office move has kept me very, very busy, but – for the most part – has been a good experience. I love being so much closer to home, and I’ve had the opportunity to work with an interim property manager who is an amazing person and who will be a wonderful resource as I continue to build my career in property management. The new, permanent property manager starts work on Monday. I’m a little nervous, but she seems nice enough, and she has a great deal of experience in the industry. I’m hoping that working for/with her will be a good thing.

J. started the fall semester, and he is enjoying his classes. We had a major hiccup with his financial aid, which caused a ton of stress, but we were able to sort out this semester. And we have some time to figure out how to handle it going forward. I’ll write more about that in a separate post, because it will definitely be a rant, and I don’t want to get my blood pressure up right now.

J. and I celebrated our second wedding anniversary on August 28. We had a quiet day, just enjoying each other’s company. In some ways, I can’t believe it’s already been two years; in others, it feels like we’ve been together forever, and I’m amazed that it’s only been two years. I am still so happy; I’m more in love with him now than I was the day we got married. It’s difficult to put into words, but being with exactly the right person is amazing. He is everything I needed in a husband – and that’s a strong statement. What I mean is that he’s not necessarily what I would’ve wished for, and he might not have all the qualities I would have wished for if I’d made a list for “my perfect husband.” But the universe knew exactly what I *needed* and which man would be the perfect husband for me. J. is that man, and I feel blessed beyond measure every single day to be his wife.

I’m reading as much as I can, but I’ve been trying to get a few projects done around the house, so that has cut into my downtime some. I decided to import all our cd’s into iTunes over Labor Day weekend, and was shocked by how long it took! I’m really happy now that it’s done, but I’ll be buying an external hard drive very soon, so I don’t lose all that work if our computer crashes! With work and life being so busy, I’m trying to take it easy and relax as much as I can. I know that I don’t do well at 90 miles per hour for an extended length of time, so I’m babying myself when I can.

I’m excited for the day I can write regularly again. I miss it; I think that alone says how good writing this blog has been for me! I hope that I still have a few followers, and that you’ll read and comment when you can. Wishing you all the very best…

No comments: