Monday, August 1, 2011

July 2011 Book List

Everyone knows I’m a voracious reader, and I’m often asked for recommendations. I decided that on or around the first of each month, I’ll post a list of the books I read the month before. I give each book a numeric rating, from 1 to 5, with 5 being excellent.

Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut - Rating: 4

A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness - Rating: 5

The Silent Girl by Tess Gerritsen – Rating: 4.5

Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs – Rating: 4.5

Game of Secrets by Dawn Tripp - Rating: 4

4 comments:

RoseAnn said...

Do you buy books or get them from the library? I'd send you the shipping costs if you were willing to share Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children!

Carol said...

Oh I would, RoseAnn, but I got it from the library. I hope you're able to read it soon!

RoseAnn said...

Thanks anyway. I have it on my Amazon wish list but in a bit of a reading lull right now. I usually read before bed but I've been too tired for weeks. Doesn't seem right to buy more books when my to-read list isn't getting any smaller. ;) Sound familiar? LOL

Carol said...

LOL that sounds *very* familiar! I hope your lull passes soon!