Saturday, August 20, 2011

Friday Happy Hour (on Saturday)

From Mental Floss: "Every Friday, I post a series of unrelated questions meant to spark conversation in the comments. Answer one, answer all, respond to someone else's reply, whatever you want. On to this week's topics of discussion..."

(Now that I actually have followers of my blog, I’d love to see your responses in the comments here. Tell me what you think, friends!)

What are some things you learned the hard way?

~ I’ve learned a lot of things the hard way, because I’m the type of person who has to make every mistake for myself. I think the most valuable thing I’ve learned is to not place much value on material things. It’s important to have enough money, and not having to watch every penny is wonderful. And, of course, it’s great to have money to play with and to spend on nice things, but in the end…it’s just stuff. It doesn’t really make you happy.

What’s the oldest food product currently in your house?

~ Probably a can of pineapple chunks in the very back of my refrigerator. I think they have been in there for a year, but they don’t expire until 2012. I’m sure I’ll get around to eating them before then.

If you could ask any plot question to any famous screenwriters or directors, what would you ask?

~ I could come up with a specific answer to this question if I thought about it for a while, but I don’t feel like doing that. So I’ll give a general answer: I’d like to ask how they didn’t catch some of the glaring plot errors that have made it onto film. I’d also like to ask a few writers/directors why they chose to end a particular film in a certain way.

If you had to go back and attend one fictional high school in the time period it was featured, where would you enroll?

~ I would not go back to high school in any way, shape, or form - period.

No comments: