Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Daydreaming...

I need a break from the craziness that has been my life for the last couple of weeks. It’s nothing bad; things have just really chaotic at work because of our impending move. This is also a very busy time of year for J., since he’s finishing up his second summer class and getting ready for the fall semester. This is the time we have to get everything lined up for his 2011-2012 financial aid, and his school is difficult, to say the least, so it takes real effort.

With that said, I thought I’d daydream a little.

I was raised on cars. My dad has worked for a local Ford dealership my entire life. His favorite game to play in the car with me was “What kind of car is that?” He would point to a nearby car and ask me to identify it. When I was three or four years old, we were playing our game, and I identified the car as X (I have no idea what kind of car it was). He said, “No, sorry, it’s Y.” And I said, “No it’s not, Daddy, look at the hubcaps!” Baby Carol was right, and a family legend was born.

I love cars, especially American muscle cars, and most especially the Ford Mustang. My first car was a 1988 Mustang with a 5-speed transmission. I also owned a 1999 Mustang and a 2002 Mustang, and a 2004 Mustang convertible. These days I drive what will get me from point A to point B, and that’s fine with me. J. and I have way more important things to do with our money right now than blow it on a car payment. But someday, I look forward to having a completely impractical sports car again. That car will probably be another Mustang, and that will be fantastic.

However, in my daydreams, that car is this – the Audi TT Roadster:


Sigh...I love this car way more than I should.

No comments: