Friday, July 29, 2011

Friday Happy Hour

From Mental Floss: "Every Friday, I post a series of unrelated questions meant to spark conversation in the comments. Answer one, answer all, respond to someone else's reply, whatever you want. On to this week's topics of discussion..."

(Now that I actually have followers of my blog, I’d love to see your responses in the comments here. Tell me what you think, friends!)

What was your first move after college? If you’re still in school, what’s your plan?

~ I left home in September 1993, just after I started my senior year of high school. I stayed with my dad for a few months before I went away to college in December 1994, but I’ve essentially been independent since I was barely 17. At this point, we’re not ready to buy a house, but J. and I are both sick to death of moving. We just renewed our lease a month ago, and we’re already talking about renewing it for another year next May.

Do you have any favorite obscure words you’d like to share?

~ I have lots of favorite words, although they’re really not obscure. Since I can’t think of anything that’s really on-topic, I’ll go with this: Francisco…that’s fun to say! (Bonus points if you get that reference!)

While you were in college, who was the most impressive speaker or musical act to come to your campus? I don’t necessarily mean the biggest name. Could just be someone who inspired you.

~ I was so excited when I returned to Texas A&M in October 2007. I intended to go back to school, but figured until that happened, I could at least benefit from being around such a prestigious university. Nothing interesting happened until we decided to move back to Dallas. Stephen Hawking delivered a lecture the day after we moved, literally. Argh.

If a cable network were to green-light a mental_floss game show, who should be the host?

~ It wouldn’t matter to me. I hate game shows, so I’d never watch.

No comments: