Saturday, July 23, 2011

Friday Happy Hour (on Saturday)

From Mental Floss: "Every Friday, I post a series of unrelated questions meant to spark conversation in the comments. Answer one, answer all, respond to someone else's reply, whatever you want. On to this week's topics of discussion..."

(Now that I actually have followers of my blog, I’d love to see your responses in the comments here. Tell me what you think, friends!)

Have you ever been hypnotized? Or watched a friend get hypnotized? Or hypnotized someone yourself? For what purpose?

~ No, I haven’t. I would consider it, though, since I believe hypnotism can be effective for things like smoking cessation or as a part of talk therapy to deal with past trauma.

What’s a word or phrase you say too much? What new (made up?) word or phrase could replace that?

~ I still say “like” too much, which is ridiculous for a 35-year-old woman, especially in a professional environment. I don’t want to replace it with anything. I’m trying to break the habit, but it’s a work in progress.

If you had one extra hour in the day just for you, how would you spend it?

~ Reading. Now that I’m working with a finite list of books TBR, I’ve fallen in love with reading all over again.

Have you ever read a magazine, saw one of those “to see __________, go to thenameofthismagazine.com” callouts, and actually went to the site? (I don’t mean times where you liked a magazine and figured you’d give the website a shot.)

~ No, I don’t think so. I love reading magazines, and I do occasionally look at the magazine’s website, but that is a very rare occurrence.

No comments: