Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday Happy Hour

From Mental Floss: "Every Friday, I post a series of unrelated questions meant to spark conversation in the comments. Answer one, answer all, respond to someone else's reply, whatever you want. On to this week's topics of discussion..."

(Now that I actually have followers of my blog, I’d love to see your responses in the comments here. Tell me what you think, friends!)

Do you have a special place you go when you really need to concentrate? Where do you do your best work? Any old study tips you want to share?

~ Well, I’m pretty sure I answered this about five minutes ago. Click here to read my thoughts!

What new For Dummies book would you want to work on?

~ I don’t know that I’m enough of an expert on any one topic to work on a For Dummies book. I prefer to know a little about a lot of different things, rather than being an expert on one topic.

Whether it was intentional or not, what’s the strangest place you’ve ever slept?

~ I don’t recall falling asleep anywhere particularly interesting. However, I do have the gift of falling asleep anytime I’m a passenger in a car for more than 30 minutes.

What’s on your summer reading list?

~ There are so many books on my to-be-read list! I have five library books waiting on me at home, and about 15 on my library holds list (so I’m waiting in line for them). And for the first time in years, I haven’t finished a book yet this month! I’m currently reading Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro. I’m enjoying it, and I want to finish it, but I just haven’t been very interested in reading lately. I hope this attitude will change quickly, or I’m going to have to stop all my library holds.

When I finally finish Never Let Me Go, I’ll be reading: Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris, A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness, and Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut.

No comments: