Saturday, May 28, 2011

2010’s Top-Rated Books

Everyone knows I’m a voracious reader, and I’m often asked for recommendations. I decided that on or around the first of each month, I’ll post a list of the books I read the month before. I give each book a numeric rating, from 1 to 5, with 5 being excellent. To kick this off, here’s my list of top-rated books for 2010.

These books were rated a 5:

The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
What on Earth Have I Done? by Robert Fulghum
A Happy Marriage by Rafael Yglesias
Every Last One by Anna Quindlen

These books were rated a 4.5:

The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
Crazy as Chocolate by Elisabeth Hyde
A Big Little Life by Dean Koontz
The Lost Summer of Louisa May Alcott by Kelly O’Connor McNees
She’s Come Undone by Wally Lamb
Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin
Alice I Have Been by Melanie Benjamin
The Help by Kathryn Stockett
The Virgin’s Lover by Philippa Gregory

2 comments:

Erin said...

I just finished the Time Traveler's Wife a month ago and I LOVED IT. anything by philippa gregory is an excellent read. My favorite of that series is the boleyn inheritance

Carol said...

You should read Audrey Niffenegger's newest book, "Her Fearful Symmetry." It was a really interesting story. I love Philippa Gregory, especially her Tudor books. I'm excited for her new book this year - it's the 3rd in the series.