Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Oh, Tuesday...

Warning: I'm going to whine. Feel free to skip this post if you wish.

I don't feel good. I've felt lousy for most of the last two weeks, and I'm over it. A big part of the problem is allergies, so I take the meds every day. Yesterday morning, I felt good, and that continued for most of the day. I thought I was on the mend. But right after dinner, my body decided to start kicking my ass again.

I stayed home sick last Thursday, so there was no way I could do it again. But I don't feel good. Which makes me cranky. I want to be home, curled up on my couch, with my family. But that's not happening. And neither is all the stuff I planned to do at lunch and after work today. Which means I'll have more to do later in the week, or on the weekend (which I hate - I get as much as possible done during the week).

I wish I was actually sick. You know...really, really sick. Because then it would be obvious to everyone that I don't feel well, and they would leave me alone. Plus, I could just get it over with. This general not-feeling-well for this long is awful!

So my body is grumpy, which makes my mind grumpy. I'm overly sensitive, and even though I'm conscious of it, I can't help reacting to things I shouldn't be. I read between the lines of every email, or everything anyone says to me. A simple "hello" is a personal affront right now. Factor in that today is Tuesday, and it's pretty much guaranteed that I will cry at some point today. Not sad tears...frustrated / grumpy / I'm-tired-of-feeling-like-shit tears.

Because Tuesday is the worst day of the week. You're laughing, right? You think I'm wrong? Here's my proof:

Mondays suck but they go by quickly because everyone is back at work and trying to get things done.

Wednesday is hump day. Get through lunch and you're on the downhill slide to Friday.

Thursday is the day before Friday.

Friday is Friday.

But Tuesday...there is absolutely nothing redeeming about Tuesday. At all. There's not even anything good on tv tonight!

Oh, did I mention that it's going to be 94 degrees this afternoon? 94 degrees. In Texas. On April 19. What hell will I be living in come August?

I hate you, Tuesday.

No comments: