Friday, April 1, 2011

Friday Happy Hour

From Mental Floss: "Every Friday, I post a series of unrelated questions meant to spark conversation in the comments. Answer one, answer all, respond to someone else's reply, whatever you want. On to this week's topics of discussion..."

1. You've just been appointed to a school-renaming committee, and the task is simple—rename your school for a favorite teacher. What did he or she do to deserve this honor?

~ Wilkinson Middle School in Mesquite, TX should be renamed Beverly Sanders Middle School. Bev was my English teacher in 7th and 8th grade (which was 20 years ago, if we're counting). She taught me so much more than grammar and interpretation of literature, and today I don't just call her my former teacher, I call her my friend.

2. Many enjoyable magazines have folded in recent years. If you could see one magazine revived, which one would you choose?

~ I don't know that any magazine I love has folded, at least so far. I love magazines, and currently subscribe to Redbook, Glamour, O, and Everyday with Rachael Ray. On my subscription wish list are: Games, D Magazine, Mental Floss, and The Bark.

3. What’s the best movie you’ve seen so far this year? It need not be a 2011 release.

~ J. and I went to the movies together for the first time this year. (I hadn't been to a movie theater since summer 2007. Yes, there's a backstory. No, I won't tell it now.) We saw "127 Hours," which we both loved. It reminded me how much I love going to the theater, so hopefully it won't be summer 2014 before we go again.

No comments: