Friday, February 11, 2011

Friday Happy Hour

From Mental Floss: "Every Friday, I post a series of unrelated questions meant to spark conversation in the comments. Answer one, answer all, respond to someone else's reply, whatever you want. On to this week's topics of discussion..."

1. What movies did you see multiple times in theaters? Do you remember what made you want to go back?
~ I saw “Titanic” in the theater three times: first, with my dad (which is bizarre in and of itself), then with my mom, and finally with my then-boyfriend. I don’t typically enjoy chick-flicks, but I loved the story, and I bawled at the end (I still do). What made me go see it in the first place, though, was the report of James Cameron’s attention to detail: even the china pattern is supposed to be accurate!

2. Have you ever gone on an elaborate quest, Harold & Kumar-style, to buy something on a whim? Where did your travels take you?
~ When I was a student at Texas A&M University in 1995, I missed Waffle House like crazy. One night, my then-boyfriend and I decided that if we got on I-45 and went towards Houston, we’d probably find a Waffle House pretty soon. Three hours later, we found one – inside the Houston city limits in a VERY sketchy neighborhood. And then a roach crawled on our table while we were eating.

3. Have you ever had to go on a company retreat? How’d that work out?
~ No company retreats for me. I hate fun work events like the plague (see here), so I’d try to get out of it if I was invited to one.

4. What are you currently reading? Do you recommend it?
~ I am currently between books. I hate when this happens, but I finished Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill (which I loved, BTW) on Wednesday. I have five (yes, just the five) books coming in at the library tomorrow. And because I have very little time to read during the week now, and I am incapable of reading more than one book at a time, I’m waiting to pick those books up.

No comments: