Friday, October 29, 2010

Friday Happy Hour

From Mental Floss: "Every Friday, I post a series of unrelated questions meant to spark conversation in the comments. Answer one, answer all, respond to someone else’s reply, whatever you want. On to this week’s topics of discussion…"

1. We’ve run a series of posts about great [Halloween] costumes, but what about the worst?
~ I don't know if this is really the worst, but several years ago a local radio personality (who happens to be a very tall, thin, African-American man) was out at a bar dressed in a bunny suit. And when I say "bunny suit," I mean a one-piece, step into it, zip it up the front, and pull the hood with the gigantic ears over your head, BUNNY SUIT. It was ridiculous. And disturbing.

2. You’ve been put in charge of your city or state’s committee to name an official state book. The book should have some connection to the region—perhaps the story is set there, or the author was born there. Which book would you nominate?
~ I doubt anyone would want this to be Texas' state book, and I do want Dallas to be known for more than what happened here in 1963, but if we were making a top-5 list of must-reads about Texas, then "Four Days in November: The Assassination of President John F. Kennedy" by Vincent Bugliosi would have to be included.

3. Finish this sentence: I’m surprisingly proficient at ____________.
~ Talking people to death. And the more I like a person, the more I jabber away. I know I'm doing it, I know it's horribly annoying, and I simply cannot make myself shut up. Sigh. I guess there are worse faults to have.

4. If you could (or were forced to) go back to high school and re-take one class, which class would you choose? You’d be taught by the same teacher and the curriculum would be identical.
~ Latin. I loved it then (took the class all four years of high school), and I love it now. If I ever return to college, I'll major in classical languages and become a high school Latin teacher.

No comments: