Friday, October 8, 2010

Friday Happy Hour - thank you, Mental Floss!

Yes, readers, we'll be doing this weekly (or at least attempting to). From Mental Floss: "Every Friday, I post a series of unrelated questions meant to spark conversation in the comments. Answer one, answer all, respond to someone else’s reply, whatever you want. On to this week’s topics of discussion…"

1. If money were no object, where would you work?
~Some type of animal rescue. An under-funded, under-staffed public library. Scottish Rite Hospital for Crippled Children.

2. Tell us about a time you were in on the ground floor for something that became crazy popular—an artist, a technology, a designer, a business or stock, etc. Once the masses came around, did that dampen your enthusiasm?
~I read Wicked before it got huge and became a musical (WTF?!?). It's been my number one since then.

3. If someone were coming to your current town for one day and wanted to get the full local experience, what would you tell them to do? (I realize not everyone loves where they live, so the full local experience doesn’t have to be positive.)
~There's so much I love about Dallas, which I only realized when I moved away. Wonderful people (when you get past the snotty ones), great restaurants/bars, and so much to do and see. Right now, though, I'd tell them to go to the State Fair.

4. Every few months I ask the same question and you always have great suggestions. What are you currently reading?
~I'm currently reading The Postmistress by Sarah Blake. I'm way behind on my reading, and I have five library books waiting. Next up will likely be The Rembrandt Affair by Daniel Silva.

No comments: