Friday, February 19, 2010

A fun blog quiz

Thank you, RoseAnn - these are always fun!


1) What would you call yourself if you could choose your own name?
~ I'm never quite sure how to answer questions like this. Of course, there are names I think are pretty (Nora being my favorite), but I can't really imagine being anyone but me.

2) What was your worst date (as in going out on a date, not an actual calendar date…unless you have a really bad one to share)?
~ I haven't been on many traditional dates. But there was an evening when I tried to break up with a guy I'd been dating for about 2 months. We were at my apartment, and after I gave him the bad news, he went into the kitchen and promptly fainted, hitting his head on my trash can. His explanation: "I have a physical reaction to bad news." After that, I lost my nerve. We continued to date for a couple more months. When I broke up with him for good, I did it through email.

3) If you had to teach one subject in high school or college, what would it be?
~ I would teach Latin. I took it all four years of high school, and absolutely loved it.

4) When was the last time you laughed so hard you cried?
~ Well, my husband and my cat make me laugh all the time. But I can't think of an example that would translate well to writing.

5) What is the kindest thing anyone has ever done for you?
~ My husband married me. I know - it sounds like romantic drivel, but it's true. To steal a line from "Titanic" - which I hate to do, but the line is exactly how I feel: "He saved me, in every way a person can be saved."

6) If money or skill-set was no issue, what would you love to do for a living?
~ I would like to edit manuscripts. I'm exceptionally good at spotting typos, and I love to read. My only two conditions would be that I only have to edit manuscripts in which I'm interested, and that I'm allowed to lay on a beach while editing.

7) What is one thing as an adult/parent/spouse you do that you swore you would never do?
~ Oh, man - there are lots of things I said I'd never do. Then life happened, and I realized that "never" is a dirty word. The big one, I guess, is that I said I'd never get divorced. In the end, though, it wasn't up to me. Looking back, that time in my life was hell, but it got me to where I am now, so it was worth it.

8) If you could go back to one particular time in your life (not to live, not to change anything, just to visit) when would it be?
~ I would go to the summer of 1994, when I should have gone to Woodstock with my (now) husband. I believe that decision was pivotal in both our lives. Even if I couldn't change my decision, it would be cool to see him there (sort of like I'd been there with him after all).

9) If your walls could talk, what would they say about you (good & bad)?
~ If I was willing to reveal - in a public blog - all the bad things my walls could say, I'd go on a reality show. Some things are meant to be private.

10) If you could fix or put an end to one problem in the world what would it be?
~ There are, obviously, lots of bad things in this world. But the biggest problem I see, and the one that is at the crux of so many others, is people minding everyone else's business instead of their own.

No comments: