Monday, July 20, 2009

I'm not an f'n sheep!

I swear, if I'm not careful, I'm going to tell someone off. And it's probably going to happen very soon, because I'm about at my breaking point.

Here's the thing, folks: you're entitled to your opinion, but SO AM I!!! And just because my opinion doesn't mesh with the opinions of 99% of the western world, doesn't make it WRONG! I'm tired of justifying myself, of being politically correct, of keeping my mouth shut because it's just easier that way.

I. Don't. Want. Kids.

It doesn't matter (and it's really none of your business) how I reached this decision. What counts is that my beloved and I do not want kids. It does not cheapen our love, and we are a family, just the two of us (and our furkid). I'm not telling you all the reasons you shouldn't have had kids, and I'm not going to listen anymore to you telling me all the reasons I should. It's reason enough that I don't want to.

And you know what? If you are somehow offended or threatened by the fact that my life path isn't exactly the same as yours, get the hell over it! I don't want to be a sheep and think like everyone else. But, more than that, I DON'T think like everyone else. And there is nothing inherently wrong with that.

So if you don't like it, walk away. Trust me, it's better than the scene you're about to cause.

1 comment:

Veronica said...

Are people really trying to make you change your mind about kids? Why would anyone think that someone that doesn't WANT to be a mother would make a good one? I can totally see how someone may not want kids. It doesn't make you "odd" lol. Or I guess to some people, it does. That's kind of sad though.