Wednesday, June 3, 2009

...I need for people to stop pissing me off!!!



Yeah, I stole that line, but it's true.

So I've resisted this whole blogging phenomenon for years. I've always been a writer, although for the last (many) years I've only "written" in my head. However, lately I have found myself with things to say, and to be quite frank, everyone I talk to IRL is sick to death of me.

So here I am. I don't know exactly how this is going to go. I don't really think I care if anyone even reads it. This is for me.

And here, in no particular order, are a few things I intend to write about.

- Forced frivolity in the workplace
- Small-minded people
- How children and unwed mothers of years past are alike
- Ways this country is broken, and how I could fix it in one day if given the chance
- Why it is better to be a smart girl than a pretty one (although being pretty doesn't hurt)
- Homeschooling and how it is the absolute worst thing you can do for a child
- Stupid people and the ways they are the bane of my existence
- Bad movies (sometimes they're the best kind!)
- Things that changed my life
- The best teachers ever
- Signs of the impending apocalypse
- Why you should have to be licensed before you get pregnant
- Domestic violence (sometimes she really DID have it coming)
- Being an elitist (some people ARE better than others)
- Kids are sponges, and it's not the "big" lessons that matter
- The Civil War was fought over states' rights, NOT slavery (no matter what your 9th grade history teacher said)
- What the 2nd Amendment really says
- Why Prohibition doesn't work and never will
- How my baseball team is better than yours (and stop crying about the need for a salary cap)
- Dogs are better than people and how that relates to euthanasia
- The little things ARE the big things
- Separation of church and state and why it's even more important today
- For the love of God, they're kids! Let them get dirty!
- Why you should support our troops, regardless of how you feel about the war
- Why I read and why I read what I do (and books that have stayed with me)



That is all, for now.


No comments: