Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Can I just say?


I have avoided the train wreck that is "18 Kids and Counting" for a long time. I have so many issues with this family and their belief system that I wouldn't even know where to begin to discuss it. And I've never watched their show, because I knew that the ranting afterward would go on for days. Last night, I got sucked in because the episode was about homeschooling, which I've already discussed here today.

And, true to my expectations, I was ranting before the opening credits were done. Because here's the thing: the Duggars have 18 children, all of them with "J" names (which is on the classiness level, in my opinion, of dressing twins in identical clothing - but that's another rant). Two of their daughters are Johannah and Joy Anna. Now please humor me here, and say each of those names out loud. Imagine calling for each of these girls across the house. And explain to me, PLEASE, how those girls *EVER* know which of them is being summoned.

Really? You ran out of names after 18? I realize that naming 18 children is probably not an easy task, but there were SO few options that you had to basically give two of them the SAME NAME???

I just don't get it.


No comments: